1.1 Who are we?
We’re the European representative office of the Government of South Australia. We are based at Australia House in London and our office works to increase awareness of South Australia and driver preference for the State as a destination of choice for foreign investment, trade, migration, study and tourism.
1.2 What is the purpose of this policy?
At the Office of the Agent General for South Australia, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.3 How do we collect information from you?
We collect information about you in three ways: directly from your input, from third-party sources, and through automated technologies.
1.4 What type of personal information is collected from you?
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on the content and features of the Service you use and how you otherwise interact with us and may include:
- Contact details such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number and social media handle;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
- Other account registration and profile information, including educational, professional and other background information, such as your field of study, current position, practice area and areas of interests and photo; Content that you upload and share or store in your account, such as annotations, comments, contributions and replies;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Information that you communicate to us, such as questions or information you send to customer support;
- Data that you provide to us as part of interacting with the Service, such as your favourites and search queries; and/or communications preferences, such as your preferred language and the frequency, type and format of the alerts you sign up to receive.
Device and usage data
- The Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Service and this may include:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service;
- We do not specifically hold pictures of members or guests, but our office is located in Australia house which has CCTV installed and monitored by a third party, who may capture your image if you visit the building. We may also utilise photography at our events which may capture your image. There are notifications at Australia House advising of the use of CCTV in the building and we will seek your consent to have your picture taken prior to your attending events where photography is used. You have also got the option to contact us to have your image removed from any media we store.
1.5 How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Inform you of events we are organising through the South Australia Club;
- Update you with news about what is happening in South Australia and the work of the London Office of the Agent General.
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
We will not use your data for any kind of data profiling.
This site retains the e-mail address of people who send e-mails through the “Contact” facility for the purpose of sending a response and will not be used for any other purpose or disclosed without your consent.
South Australia Club member data will be retained for the duration of the time that they’re a member of the Club. Subscribers to marketing materials will be reviewed every five years and if you do not again opt in, your data will be removed.
1.6 Your choices
You have a choice about whether you wish to receive information from us and subsequently each time we send you any form of communication you will have the opportunity to opt out.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com or telephone on 0207 520 9100.
1.7 Your rights
Data we hold about you is stored in the UK, you have rights under the (UK) Data Protection Act 2018 & The GDPR.
We hold your personal information on our systems to allow us to contact you for future events or opportunities. At any time, you have the right to contact us to check the information we hold is correct, to have us stop processing your details or to have your details removed from our systems.
It is important to us to maintain these rights. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you which we would supply to you in a commonly accepted format. You also have the right to request corrections to the data we hold and to have us stop processing your data. You may also request that we erasure your personal data from our systems.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us detailing what action(s) you wish us to take using the contact details given below.
1.8 Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
1.9 Where we store your personal data.
Your personal data is stored in servers in the UK and Australia.
1.10 Data protection contact details:
Data Protection Manager:
Write to: Agent General for South Australia, Australia Centre, Strand, London WC2B 4LG.
Telephone: 0207 520 9102.
All requests will be addressed within one month from the date of your request. This is calculated from the day after your request is made. Please note that you may be asked to provide a valid form of ID to allow us to verify your identity and that requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive may incur a fee to cover costs associated with processing the such requests.
If at any time you believe we are not processing your data in line with the, you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
1.11 Under what legal basis do we hold your personal information?
Our legal basis for holding personal information is consent. We hold personal data on current members of the South Australia Club and other persons who have given us explicit consent for the processing of their personal data. Explicit consent is obtained via the membership application form or via a specific consent form on singing up to communications through the newsouthaustralia.com website.
The club’s core business networking activities depend on us holding personal data for this purpose. Information is stored on the London Office of the Agent General’s network and through third party interfaces (Mail Chimp, Stripe).
1.12 Special categories of personal data
We do not capture or otherwise process any special category data including data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership. We do not process genetic data, biometric data (for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person), data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
1.13 We may share your data with certain suppliers to facilitate the provision of specific services
1.14 Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
The personal data we hold is protected by appropriate security safeguards (e.g. professional level firewalls).
1.15 Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by altering your browser preferences. You can read more about how to do this by reading our Cookies Policy. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
1.16 Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
If you are aged 14-18 we recommend that you consult with your parent or guardian before you provide us with any personal information.
1.18 Transferring your information outside of Europe
Your data is stored in servers located in the UK and given the nature of our organisation may also be transferred to Australia. You can opt out at any time, but we cannot manage the data of South Australia Club members without data being processed and stored in Australia. You can cancel your South Australia Club membership at any time and inform us that you wish to exercise your right of erasure. Or you can inform us (via email firstname.lastname@example.org) that you would like us to stop processing your personal data.
The data transferred and stored in Australia that allows us to facilitate your membership of the South Australia Club includes your first name, last name and industry that you work in. You may also chose to enter your email address, contact phone number, title, organisation, position, industry, tertiary institution, and country and city of residence.
Australia is not supect to GDPR regulations or the authority of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
1.19 Review of this policy
We may change this policy from time to time so please check this page regularly to ensure that you’re aware of any changes.