Our business is growing South Australia’s economy. Our objectives are to create jobs, facilitate investment, and support migration and tourism efforts. This Investment Director position is varied. At times you’ll be having sophisticated conversations about investment drivers in your sector portfolio. At other times you will be starting from a broader base in explaining where South Australia is, why it’s great, and what the opportunities are.
If you’re persuasive, pro-active and have business intuition, then this role may be for you.
As an Investment Director, you will report to the Deputy Agent General and your day will involve;
- Kissing a lot of frogs. You never know when an investment lead will generate, so we need to put ourselves in as many situations as possible to raise South Australia’s awareness and attract investment;
- Continuously building your knowledge of South Australian opportunities, with a focus on Tech, IoT, Mining & Energy;
- Working with Adelaide-based Department for Trade, Tourism and Investment to co-ordinate lead generation and follow-through leads from the UK and Europe;
- Supporting office communications by writing content in your focus areas; and
- Officially represent South Australia at events and conferences.
Right to work in the UK is preferable, but sponsorship will be considered. You’ll be engaged by local contract with an initial period of 24 months.
The office’s mission is to increase awareness of South Australia and drive preference for the state as a destination of choice for foreign investment, trade, migration, study and tourism.
The office is headed by Agent General Bill Muirhead AM, who is also a Founding Partner of advertising firm M&C Saatchi.
We are a close-knit office and need to be flexible and nimble to deliver South Australian Government objectives. We value creativity, intuition, a can-do attitude, a love for Australia (all the better, South Australia!) and a good sense of humour.
You are pro-active, self-motivated to deliver on objectives, and want to assist the team across a broad range of tasks.
You have completed a relevant degree with +5 years’ experience in a field such as Commerce, Economics, Law or International Relations.
You’re a good communicator and analytical. You build relationships with people quickly. Not necessarily an expert in everything, but understand how to identify the most important pieces of information for getting to an outcome.
Knowledge of why South Australia is heaps good is an advantage. You can read the job description here.
Please send a copy of your cv and an explanation of why you’d like to work at the South Australian Government Office to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 16 August.