Trade and Events Co-ordinator at South Australian Office of the Agent General
What you’ll do
You will help grow business and government links between the UK, Europe and South Australia by joining the South Australian diplomatic trade and investment team at Australia House.
We work to create jobs in South Australia, support our exporters flourish in the UK and Europe, and provide avenues for people in our networks to grow their business.
You will work with the Trade & Events Manager and Investment Director to support our trade function. You will also assist with events, marketing and communication activities. Your day will involve;
- Managing incoming trade inquiries through Government referrals
- Researching trade opportunities for South Australian businesses in the UK and Europe, both in response to inquiries and proactively
- Streamlining office approach to managing trade relationships
- Help to execute delivery of events managed by the office
- Providing input and ideas for the office’s social media platforms and website
- Researching and writing copy about South Australia’s trade and investment strengths
- General administrative support, including data entry, maintaining contact and guest lists
Right to work in the UK is preferable, but sponsorship is possible. You’ll be engaged by local contract with an initial period of 24 months.
The office’s mission is to increase awareness of South Australia and drive preference for the state as a destination of choice for foreign investment, trade, migration, study and tourism.
The office is headed by Agent General Bill Muirhead AM, who is also a Founding Partner of advertising firm M&C Saatchi.
We are a close-knit office and need to be flexible and nimble to deliver South Australian Government objectives. We value intuition, a can-do attitude, a love for Australia (all the better, South Australia!) and a good sense of humour.
You are pro-active, driven to deliver on objectives, and want to assist the team across a broad range of tasks.
You have completed a relevant degree with 1-2 years’ experience in a field such as international relations, marketing and communications.
You’re a good writer, analytical, understand the importance of messaging and strategic communications, and have an eye for detail.
Knowledge of why South Australia is heaps good is an advantage.
Please send a copy of your cv and an explanation of why you’d like to work at the South Australian Government Office to email@example.com by COB Friday 5 July.