The 2018 South Australian state election will elect members to the 54th Parliament of South Australia on 17 March 2018.
If you are a South Australian living in the United Kingdom or Europe and plan to partake in voting you can enrol as a postal voter. To do this, you must enrol as a general postal voter where you can also apply to receive a ballot paper for state and local government elections.
- 5th February 2018 postal vote application will be available online.
- 5th March 2018 postal voting commence, distribution of postal ballot packs commences to electors registered as declaration voters and those who have had their postal vote applications accepted.
- 15th March 2018 is the last day for the receipt of postal vote applications. Deadline of 5pm Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT) for postal vote applications to be received by the Electoral Commission South Australia.
- 24th March 2018 is the deadline for receipt of postal ballots to Electoral Commission South Australia.
Please ensure sufficient time is allocated for the postal ballots to reach Australia via post from the United Kingdom and Europe.
Once you are registered as a general postal voter, you will automatically receive your ballot papers in the mail in preparation for the election. You do not need to re-apply for future elections.
How do I apply to be a general postal voter?
- Check you qualify to be a general postal voter here.
- Download the postal voter form for South Australia following this link:
- Complete the form then print, sign and return to the Australian Electoral Commission.
How to vote in-person at the Government of South Australia London Office:
- If you have not elected to become a postal voter then you are eligible to vote at the London office.
- Voting will take place from the Wednesday 7th March 2018.
- Please contact our office before coming in to ensure pre-polling has commenced: 020 7520 9100