Competitive business environment
Private sector labour costs in South Australia are 10 per cent below the Australian average, making our state a great place to expand your workforce.
With a range of office space and industrial land in or close to the city, at rates lower than other mainland Australian states, locating your business in South Australia will improve your company’s bottom line.
Our central location makes us your gateway to Asia, with our international airport (15 minutes from Adelaide) servicing eight countries direct, with 45 flights per week and 319 unique one-stop connections.
Flights to Sydney and Melbourne depart on average every 20 minutes.
Adelaide, South Australia has been ranked the 5th most liveable city in the world by the Economist Intelligence Unit, five years in a row.
Analysis by NATSEM shows Adelaide has the lowest cost of living of any capital city in Australia.
Adelaide also has the shortest work commute times and the lowest residential property prices of all Australian mainland capital cities. Australian Bureau of Statistics category number 6416.0
Our state is Australia’s premium food and wine destination – accounting for almost 80 per cent of Australia’s wine production – and is the stage for many international festivals and sporting events – WOMADelaide, Adelaide Fringe and Tour Down Under, to name a few.
Proactive and stable government
Our government’s progressive policies and strong leadership has created a stable and supportive business environment for investors.
Our proactive policies include:
- ambitious renewable energy targets to make Adelaide the world’s first carbon neutral city
- A$10 billion investment in low carbon energy generation by 2025
- Australia-first legislation allowing trials of driverless car technology
- employment incentives for businesses with a taxable payroll of A$5 million who can receive A$10,000 for every new employee over the next two years
- an independent and comprehensive investigation into the potential for increasing South Australia’s participation in the nuclear fuel cycle
- legislation to allow medical practitioners to prescribe medicinal cannabis with Commonwealth approval.