Size does matter. Our culture of creativity, connectivity and collaboration is testimony to that.
South Australia has internationally acclaimed visual effects capability and is home to some of the world’s best production houses including Mill Films (Technicolor) and Rising Sun Pictures.
To support the growth of this industry South Australia offers a 10 per cent uncapped Post, Digital and Visual Effects (PDV) rebate for VFX work undertaken in our state. When combined with the Federal Government’s PDV incentive this equates to a 40 per cent rebate.
Adelaide is also the first and only GigCity in Australia, providing our innovation hubs with internet speeds of up to 10-gigabits-per-second (100x the national average).
In South Australia, you’ll find:
- 10% uncapped PDV rebate for VFX
- 28 co-working spaces, the highest per capital in the Asia Pacific region
- 15 incubator and accelerator programs
- A$106 million in tax incentives for “angel” investors who provide early venture seed funding
- the home of Australia’s simulation and modelling industry (and Simulation Australasia), including product lifecycle management (PLM)
- world-leading creative businesses and talent through companies such as Rising Sun Pictures and KOJO
- Microsoft’s first Australian enterprise partner – defence company SAAB Australia – for its HoloLens augmented/mixed reality technology