Adelaide is the ideal location for life sciences research and investment.
South Australia boasts one of the largest health science precincts in the southern hemisphere and has the track record, capability and ambition to continue its global leadership in the development and scaling of distinctive medical technologies.
Adelaide BioMed City is the centrepiece of this fast-growing ecosystem. It brings together research, education, clinical care and business development in one central city location.
Global health companies are now choosing Adelaide as their destination for research and development, with companies able to access up to 43.5 per cent cashback for clinical trials, analytics, study drug manufacture, and prototype manufacture.
Just 15 minutes out of the city, Tonsley Innovation District combines university-led research and development with vocational training and advanced manufacturing facilities for companies seeking to produce biomedical devices and other high-tech products and services.
In South Australia, you will find:
- Adelaide BioMed City – home to the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) and Australia’s first proton therapy treatment centre (due to open in 2020)
- the new Royal Adelaide Hospital
- access to world-class researchers, educators and universities collaborating with industry
- entry to Asia-Pacific markets, with the advantages of carrying the ‘Made in Australia’ brand
- decades of experience in automotive manufacturing being applied to medical device manufacturing, with highly-skilled workers and solid supply chains.