South Australia provides an ideal environment for innovation and investment for international food and beverage companies seeking growth.
Our pristine environment made of clean soils, pure waters and clean air helps create international demand for our products, including quality seafood, grains, meat, dairy, fruit and vegetables, beverages and processed food.
South Australia accounts for almost 80% of Australia’s premium wine production, produced from some of the oldest vines in the world.
Fresh and frozen produce is transported directly from the farm gate or wharf gate to more than 100 countries around the world, through extensive state-wide logistical infrastructure and a network of container-loading and deep sea ports.
South Australia’s leading research and development facilities, commitment to biosecurity and reputation for product integrity provides great opportunities for investors.
In South Australia, you’ll find:
- 65% of Australia’s wine exports
- 19% of Australia’s grain exports
- impeccable food safety standards, including fruit fly and phylloxera free status
- all grain and food crops non-genetically modified (Non-GM)
- Free Trade Agreements with and proximity to China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and more
- outstanding freight connections and cold chain logistics to Southeast Asia and the Middle East
- skilled workforce backed by well-resourced R&D in raw materials and food technology
- Waite Research Precinct – the largest agriculture research facility in the southern hemisphere specialising in plant biotechnology, cereal breeding, sustainable agriculture, wine, horticulture and land management